Ashley's Apples!

Daily dose of cheer and happiness!

Expository

on February 10, 2014

Punch! Punch! Ouch! Bullying is harmful.
Bullying is harmful because it breaks self confidence and can tear someone’s life apart and they can become a scared, fearing person who doesn’t like to talk to people anymore or is scared of every little thing there is. Like if you call someone fat or ugly it makes them feel insecure, and they think that they ARE fat and ugly even if you were just joking or kidding around. Bullies—mean people—should just stop!!! Most of the time bullies are people who are insecure about themselves or they have problems at home with parents and they choose to take their anger out on other people and those people become their victims and it’s very hard to overcome that.

Another reason is it can cause suicidal thoughts, sometimes when people are bullied for a long period of time and are getting stressed out, causes them to feel like everyone hates them and they just shouldn’t be living and that they don’t belong in the world. Bullies don’t know how much damage they’ve done to a person until they’ve been bullied themselves or something happens to the person they are bullying. I hope reading this has made you realize how harmful and cruel bullying really is and next time when you’re about to call someone ugly or fat as a joke, you should think twice before you say it to them.

6 Responses to “Expository”

1. ethanl200 says:

I really like your post. you go into a lot of detail of why bullying can be harmful. I think this post will help the people who look at this blog

2. ninag213 says:

That’s so true but, also really sad. I do agree that bullying should be stopped because, it does make people feel like they don’t belong on planet earth because everyone is so mean to them.

This writing is so specific and detailed and that’s what I like about it.

3. valeries203 says:

this is a great expository writing essay. I believe as well that bullies usually are the most insecure people.

4. gracec468 says:

I enjoyed the importance of this topic. I 100% agree with on not making feel insecure. That is a big issue now a day. Also I loved the craft of this piece. Great job.

5. amulyak411 says:

I think that bullying is really mean too. I like the way you explained everything. I think that every reader can understand it very easily because you give us examples to put our selves in.

6. francescaz715 says:

I love how you really made a point of saying that bullying is harmful to self confidence and to peoples feelings. One time this random girl who I didn’t know at my dance studio just came up to me and flatly remarked, “you have fat cheeks!” Then the girl just bounced away laughing. I was just standing there, flustered, and that seriously hurt my feelings. I have some cheeks, so what? At least I don’t look like I’m all bones, or like a squirrel with its cheeks stuffed with nuts. I looked in the mirror and saw nothing wrong with my face. I then realized the girl was probably trying to make herself feel better, because she probably had low self-confidence. I love my face, I wouldn’t have it any other way. I mean its my face so I cant really change that.